Aberystwyth Beekeepers Association hold an informal, annual photographic competition. Open to all members this usually takes place in September as part of an evening meeting. Judged by the members, the categories change each year and there are usually some prizes up for grabs. It’s your chance to show off your photographic abilities, be amazed by others abilities or simply laugh at some of the shots that get presented… There is almost always at least one of a prominent ABKA member in an uncompromising situation!
2013 Photo Competition
In true Sesame Street style, the 2013 ABKA Photographic Competition is brought to you by the letter ‘H’. The categories for the competition are:
Interpret them as you will and good luck.
Usual rules apply:
- One entry per member per category.
- Printed pictures only, bring them with you on the night.
- All entries to be presented in one envelope with your name on it.
- Each member present on the evening will vote for their favourite three pictures in each category and their overall favourite picture from all four categories.
- The winners will be the photos with the most votes, if there is a tie then the number of second place votes will be used.
The ABKA Photo competition was hotly contested this year, and it isn’t surprising thanks to the huge pile of prizes on offer thanks to great organisation by Vicky.
Here are the winners in each category:
Beekeepers with Captions: Lynfa Davies
All the girls together: Morgan Cole
Toddlers – the Brood: Roger Merry
HRH -The Queen: Lynfa Davies
Biys will be Boys – The Drones: Phil Regan
Any other pollinating insect: Alan Cole (Best in show)