Please do come along and enjoy the fruits of your own and others labours!
At Waunfawr Community Hall, starting at 6pm
Entry Fee 20p per item/class
Honey tasting Please bring a sample of your honey for the competition.
- Bottle of mead.
- Two one pound jars of light honey.
- Two one pound jars of medium honey.
- Two one pound jars of dark honey.
- Two one pound jars of granulated honey.
- Two one pound jars of heather honey.
- Cake of beeswax approx. 8oz in weight.
- Four cakes of beeswax approx. one ounce each.
- A shallow comb of honey suitable for extraction.
- Ornamental display, incorporating wax. Base of entry to be no more than 6inches in diameter.
- Cookery class – Ukranian Honey Cake
Ukrainian Honey Cake
- 220g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 100g light brown sugar
- 100g honey
- 100ml strong coffee
- 100ml vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 orange and rind of 2 oranges
- 100g icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
Preheat oven to 350F 180c. Sift flour, soda, baking powder, spices, and salt together into a bowl. Whip the eggs until thick and light, about 5 minutes, gradually adding the sugar. Beat in honey, coffee, and oil. Add the dry ingredients and beat on low until combined. Pour into greased and lined two x one pound loaf tins and bake ~ about 50minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool a few minutes and unmold.
Mix together all the icing ingredients until it forms a thin paste and drizzle over the cakes to give it that honey and orange flavour.
You can then choose the best one to enter theshow